Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Undaunted - My Fight Against America's Enemies, At Home and Abroad

 The holidays seem like an odd time to read John O. Brennan's memoir of his time with the CIA - Undaunted - My Fight Against America's Enemies, at Home and Abroad (#951), but that's when it arrived for me at my local library.

I have to say I found it very accessible, if not fascinating in some sections.  Probably that's because I vividly remember much of what Mr. Brennan covers in his book, especially in the Middle East.  He covers Iraq, Afghanistan, the Saudis and the capture of Osama Bin Laden.  It's interesting to find out what was going on behind the scenes.  Equally fascinating was his take on the Russian interference with our 2016 election and its fallout.

I might not always agree with Mr. Brennan's opinions but I did come away convinced of his sincere devotion to his country and efforts to serve it with integrity.  All public servants should be so dedicated!




No comments:

Post a Comment