Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Questions About Angels

 I have never been a poetry fan until I ran into the work of Billy Collins via NPR several years ago.  I was in the mood to read some the other day, and luckily, my local library had a few of his volumes.  I picked up Questions About Angels (#947) and have spent the past several weeks savoring one or two at a time, or going back to re-read a few.  My favorites from this volume are Questions About Angels, American Sonnet and Nostalgia.  He grabs you with what at first glance appears to be prosaic bits of life, but as you finish reading with a smile on your lips, or a "Hmm..." you know that the impact of the poem has gone deeper.  Go ahead and treat yourself to dip into Billy Collins' works.  I don't think you'll be sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment