Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 3, 2024

The Wedding Date

The Wedding Date (#1,212) by Jasmine Guillory is one of her earlier books, but I snatched it up when I saw it on display at my local library.  I loved one of her more recent books, By The Book.  It was one of the most enjoyable romances I've read in years.

I still enjoyed The Wedding Date, but I think there was a lot less plot, and waaayyy more sex!  I realize that's what publishers think sells books, but for me, it's the story behind how the couple got there.  There was a definite "meet cute" here, lots of food, and plenty of anguishing about a less than perfect body for the heroine to keep me reading, though, even if I did skip over the sex scenes to get to the good parts.  Oh, and did I mention that this is an interracial romance?

I have a feeling I'm going to enjoy her later works more, but I'm still glad to have discovered Jasmine Guillory.


No comments:

Post a Comment