Total Pageviews

Monday, March 13, 2023

Thank You For Listening

Not one, but TWO of my librarian friends highly recommended Julia Whelan's Thank You For Listening (#1,122).  After reading it, I can certainly see why.  Although I am not a fan of audiobooks myself, many of my friends are, and this novel features an audiobook narrator as its main character.  Narrating books wasn't her first choice, but after a horrendous accident while shooting a movie, Sewanee Chester turned her Juilliard drama training to good use in audiobooks, where she's made a name for herself.  She just won't narrate Romance.

That is until one of her first authors requested in her will that Sewanee co-narrate her final novel with Brock McNight, the mysterious voice of many a bestselling steamy romance.  For Julia French, Sewanee is willing to consider it...

But a chance meeting at a Las Vegas Book Convention throws a monkeywrench into her carefully guarded plans, and her expectations upside-down.

Just a delightful, heart-breaking read with a HEA ending (if you're not into Romance, that's Happily Ever After).  I read it, but I understand on good authority that the audio version of the book is terrific as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment