Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 27, 2021

Tropic of Stupid

 Every time I read Tim Dorsey, I know we're going to be planning future field trips to check out the unique Florida locations he mentions.  It holds true for his latest, Tropic of Stupid (#964).  In his latest adventure, Serge A. Storms and his sidekick Coleman have dual missions in mind: to get a stamp on Serge's State Park Passport from each of the more than one hundred seventy parks and historic monuments, and second, to track down long-lost cousins identified on his mail-in DNA ancestry swab report.  At least, Serge is.  Coleman is just along for the ride.  

But this time they have company on their quest.  One of Serge's distant cousins is quite probably a serial killer.  In fact, the Florida Department of Law Enforcement is sure of it from DNA traces in recently re-opened cold cases.  They've used the same DNA service because they've figured out that there's a missing link amongst the cousins...

Lots of scuba diving, snorkling and exploration of a number of lesser known Florida sites of interest here.  I didn't have to go too far to visit two of them!  But now, I'm like Serge; I have my National Parks Passport with plenty of stamps, but now I'll have to acquire a State Passport as well.  AND I'll have to do what Serge does throughout the book; visit many of the places he's already been and enjoyed just to get the right stamp!  Hey, there are worse ways to spend time than with Serge and Coleman on their always excellent adventures.  Tropic of Stupid kept me turning the pages right until the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment