Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 9, 2021

The Art of Drowning

 I've been dipping into Billy Collins' poetry again with his 1995 collection The Art of Drowning (#954).  He certainly has converted this non-poetry lover to a fan.  There are so many wonderful things here to savor and re-read, but I think my favorite in this collection is Keat's Handwriting.  I'm not sure just what  it is about this poem which makes it so appealing to me.   Maybe that's the point; it doesn't speak to your intellectual and analytical side as much as the emotional, empathetic part of you.  It just tickled me.  Isn't that the point?  Find out for yourself if you don't believe me.

In fact, the only thing I did not like about this book is the cover art.  It was a little creepy for my taste, so it just goes to prove you can't judge a book by its cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment