Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 30, 2017

Christmas Caramel Murder

Joanne Fluke's latest confection Christmas Caramel Murder (#708) arrived under my Christmas tree this year.  Since I'm a firm believer that the Twelve Days of Christmas begin with Christmas Day and run through January 6th, I'm still happily cramming in as much Christmas reading until then as I can.  Even here in Florida, it's cold enough for me to be wearing my cozy Christmas socks while I indulge!


I don't normally read the popular Hannah Swensen murder mysteries, so I have to admit that in this particular book, there wasn't any background information on almost any of the characters to figure out what their relationships are in the ongoing series.  That would have been helpful.  But still, there was enough information to enjoy the story anyway.  The story revolves around a naughty Mrs. Claus who is found murdered in a snowy ditch.  It's a light and fluffy read, and perfectly suited to holiday relaxation.


However, one of the attractions of this series is the recipes that are included in every chapter.  Most, but not all, are some kind of sweet - candy, cookies, cakes - with the directions so clearly spelled out that even someone who is a total stranger to the kitchen could follow the recipe successfully.  I believe I'll be filing this mystery with my cookbooks, so it's a gift that truly keeps on giving!

No comments:

Post a Comment