Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 5, 2017

Dangerous Minds - A Knight and Moon Novel

What do a Buddhist monk, a disappearing island and the National Park Services have in common?  That's the question Janet Evanovich poses in Dangerous Minds - A Knight and Moon Novel (#680).  How she stitches these elements together makes for a fun to read romp with serious thriller end-of-the-world vibes.  I was glad that I finally got around to reading Stephen Hawking's A Brief History of Time last summer since it helped me understand the science here more easily, although that's not a requirement for enjoying Dangerous Minds.  I never thought I'd be saying that about one of Janet Evanovich's books!  Don't get me wrong, I've always been a fan of her writing; Ms. Evanovich also happens to be one of the very few authors who can make literally me laugh out loud.


Eccentric billionaire Emerson Knight needs help figuring out his finances after his father's sudden death.  Financial analyst Riley Moon has been hired to untangle the books, so to speak, but it's not easy dealing with the handsome owner of Mysteriouso Manor.  When one of his former mentors shows up in the middle of the night seeking his help, Riley is dragged willy-nilly into the affair, along with his cousin Vernon whose RV seems to be permanently parked in the back yard of the mansion.  The caper will take them across the country from Washington, D.C. to Yellowstone Park and the Big Island of Hawaii with relentless enemies pursuing them and leaving a trail of bodies behind.  Meanwhile, sparks are flying between Emerson and Riley.  Will they make it out alive?  I sure hope so, because I look forward to reading further adventures of this engaging pair, Emerson Knight and Riley Moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment