Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Atomic Lobster

A murderous family bent on revenge, antiquities smuggling, drug mules, and unsolved  Florida murders.  What do all of these have in common in Tim Dorsey's Atomic Lobster (#347)?  Serge A. Storms, of course!  Several groups of characters we've met in previous books cross paths here with the action focused in the Tampa area with its active cruise port.

As usual, Serge's murder methods are ingenious, and only applied to those miscreants who really, really deserve it.  With his sidekick Coleman in a perpetual haze of drugs and booze, Serge manages to score a sweet gig house-sitting on the exclusive Davis Islands in order to protect the Davenport family.  Jim once saved Serge's life, and Serge intends to honor his commitment to watch over him whether Jim wants it or not for the rest of his life.  And then there's the G-Unit, the four grannies who have discovered that living on a cruise ship circling between Tampa and Cozumel is cheaper than life on land, especially with the all-you-can eat food and a choice of eligible ball room dance partners.  They never suspect that the handsome men romancing them are looking for more than just a little nookie.  And at the very end of the book, a secret revealed which I did not see coming.

I really enjoyed this one, and yet I never fail to learn some interesting facts about Florida with every Tim Dorsey book I read.  I also liked the cover art for Atomic Lobster.  The only problem was that each time I glanced at the cover of this book, I found myself craving a lobster roll (with celery and mayonnaise, thank you very much!).  I do love a book that leaves you hungry for more...

No comments:

Post a Comment