Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

A Cruise to Die For; An Alix London Mystery

I've read and enjoyed Aaron Elkins' paleontology mysteries, but A Cruise to Die For (#346) is the first novel I've read which is co-authored with his wife Charlotte.  I definitely don't think it will be my last.

Impressionist art forgeries, a luxurious mega-yacht cruising the scenic Greek isles with a master chef aboard, a private auction of fabled art works; what's not to like?  Well, if you're Alix London, blessed with a seemingly infallible "connoisseur's eye for spotting fakes, on board on her first official FBI undercover assignment, being attacked within the first five minutes doesn't start off  her dream voyage on a positive note.  Is Panos Papadakis, the owner of both the Artemis and the art collection, the victim of a forger, or is he the one manipulating the money?  Alix isn't the only one in danger on this cruise!

The sophisticated setting and a glimpse into the world of art forgers make for an entertaining escapist read with several unexpected plot twists.  I'm going to have to get my hands on the first Alix London mystery, A Dangerous Talent, and I'll look forward to reading about her further adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment