Total Pageviews

Monday, June 18, 2012

Seriously...I'm Kidding

Seriously...I'm Kidding (#192) by Ellen Degeneres is her third book.  Maybe she should have stopped at two.  I don't think there's anything in this book that you haven't already heard or read about.  I thought it was very tired and unoriginal for the most part.  Although I do have to say that I totally agree with her chapter Common Courtesy.

I really wanted to like this book but I was very disappointed.  I found myself wondering if her literary contract specified the number of pages required in this manuscript, because so many pages were blank, or had line drawings or only a few words per page. I also didn't appreciate the "dumb" jokes scattered throughout.  Someone who has managed to be as successful as Ms. Degeneres with only a high school diploma is to be admired.  She's very astute, yet she expects us to fall for the "poor undereducated me" act. That's insulting.

I guess you'd really need to be a dyed-in-the-wool Ellen Degeneres fan to like this book.  If you want to go ahead a read it anyway, at least it won't take long...  Seriously, I'm not kidding.

No comments:

Post a Comment