Total Pageviews

Monday, October 25, 2010

Weekend Reading

I must admit to a guilty pleasure.  I love Regency romances.  After my mother shared her Georgette Heyer paperbacks with me, I was hooked.  In fact, The Toll Booth played a key role in how I met my husband in London.  But I digress.  This weekend I read Mary Jo Putney's Loving A Lost Lord (#4), first in that series.  I had previously read Never Less Than A Lady from that collection and enjoyed it.  This book did not disappoint.  I think the reason I liked them was that the plots had interesting twists and more depth to the characters.  I wouldn't want to read a steady diet of them, but the occasional Regency bon-bon keeps me happy.

This weekend I also spent This Time Together (#5) with Carol Burnett's anecdotal memoirs.  Some touch on her family, some on the cast and crew of the "Carol Burnett Show", and some on the guest stars and celebrities she's met though the years, all done with a humorous touch.  Makes me nostalgic for her show!

No comments:

Post a Comment