Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Assistant To The Villain

I really think Hannah Nicole Maehrer's fantasy novel, Assistant To The Villain (#1,196) should be titled Assistant To The Villain Part I.  I was amused by the goings-on in the book until I got almost to the end and realized that it couldn't possibly be brought to a satisfying end in the number of pages remaining.  I was right.  Cliffhanger.  Aargh!

Will I read the sequel(s) when they come out?  Probably not.  I went into it with the expectation that this was a self-contained book.  That's what I had the time to read.  Not going to make that mistake again.  Can I also mention that the repeated use of the verb "busted" instead of "burst" annoyed me no end?  That's just me being picky, but at this point, why not?

If you choose to read Assistant To The Villain, at least go into it with the knowledge it's going to be a bigger investment of your time than a single book.

No comments:

Post a Comment