Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 21, 2023

Killers of a Certain Age

A quartet of older women are sent on a lavish, all-expenses-paid cruise to celebrate their retirement.  What could go wrong?  The women are professional assassins and they accidentally stumble onto a plot to eliminate them, along with all the other passengers on board.  Sounds like an intriguing premise for a book, doesn't it?

I wasn't even halfway through Deanna Raeburn's Killers of a Certain Age (#1,165) when it became due at the library.  I have to admit I wasn't even tempted to hang on to it to finish it.  I found it surprisingly crude.  I've read other books based on this same trope, and they have all handled it so much better, why bother to continue to waste my time on it?  Did not finish.  Do not regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment