Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 2, 2023

Rules of Engagement

I saw Stacey Abrams' name on the spine of Rules of Engagement (#1,114) at my local library and looked forward to reading it after Blind Justice, her novel set in the Supreme Court.  Rules of Engagement is actually a much earlier novel published under her pen name Selena Montgomery, re-issued now that Ms. Abrams has had success under her own name.  

This is an espionage novel, which I was really looking forward to reading, but I must confess that I couldn't get past the first twenty pages.  I would classify this as a "steamy" novel.  From the cover blurbs, it certainly has its own set of fans, but I'm not one of them.  Too much emphasis on sex, and not enough on the espionage for me.  Be warned.


No comments:

Post a Comment