Total Pageviews

Monday, November 7, 2022

Today Will Be Different

Everyone always raves about Maria Semple's best-selling novel Where'd You Go, Bernadette, so I thought I'd give one of her follow-up books a try since it's been sitting on my beside table for a couple of years.  Honestly, I should have just left it there.  Today Will Be Different (#1,098) featured a protagonist, Eleanor Flood, who had to be one of the most entitled, selfish and unpleasant characters I've come across.  As she says several times herself in the book, she's led a fairytale life, which she is frittering away by whining and complaining about everything and everyone around her - her husband, her friends (!), her sister, her father, her kid Timby- (who she named after an autocorrection on her phone!).  Enough, already!

She vows to wake up and make today different.  She doesn't.  Don't need to spend any more time with this.  I'm sorry I bothered to finish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment