Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 15, 2022

Ex Libris: Stories of Librarians, Libraries & Lore

I'm not usually a fan of short story collections, but how could I resist stories about librarians?  Ex Libris: Stories of Librarians, Libraries & Lore (#1,085) edited by Paula Guran leans heavily towards fantasy and science fiction.  Some of the stories are very strange indeed.  Some are very entertaining, but all of them lure you onto the next story in the volume.

I think my favorite was Death and the Librarian by Esther M. Friesner which was quite poignant, with a surprisingly sentimental, yet perfectly suited, ending.

Both my husband and I enjoyed Scott Lynch's tale of derring-do In the Stacks.  Who knew shelving books in the library could be quite so hazardous to your health?  Well, my husband did when he worked in a University library...

If you spend much time in your local libraries, public, private, or personal, Ex Libris might be a worthy addition to your collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment