Total Pageviews

Monday, November 2, 2020

The Meat and Potatoes of Life

 I read a review of The Meat and Potatoes of Life (#939) in my local paper.  It's a series of columns written by military wife Lisa Smith Molinari about her twenty plus years of moving and raising a family of three kids and a dog as her naval intelligence officer husband was deployed around the world.

Ms. Molinari started writing as means of saving her sanity as she tells her readers.  It seems to have worked pretty well for her, culminating in a weekly syndicated column and a book.  If you're not in military circles, you may never have heard of her, but her columns are enjoyable, and the essays relatable to anyone who is married and/or has children.

It's an easy book to pick up and put down with each piece running only a couple of pages - perfect for those moments waiting at the doctor's office, or when you know you're so tired at night you won't be able  to manage more than a few pages.  I'm sure Ms. Molinari would be the first to sympathize with that!

In fact, the only thing I didn't like about this book was the cover illustration.  I have to admit, if I had come across this book in a book store, I never would have bothered to pick it up.  Glad I found out about it elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment