Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Muzzled

 I couldn't believe my luck when my library notified me that both of my favorite dog mystery series' latest books were waiting to be picked up!  I've already blogged about Spencer Quinn's Of Mutts and Men.  This time I'm writing about David Rosenfelt's Andy Carpenter series' Muzzled (#919).

Andy Carpenter doesn't need to work as a lawyer; he's wealthy enough to spend his days however he chooses.  But when Beth Morris calls to ask for his help with a stray dog she's trying to reunite with its owner, he's intrigued.   Lucy's owner has called Beth and arranged to come and pick her up.  The only problem is that Lucy's owner was killed quite spectacularly in a boat explosion, along with two colleagues.  To Andy's mind, the fact that Alex Vogel would be concerned enough about Lucy's welfare to come out of hiding and fetch her says a lot about his character.  When they meet at Andy's Tara Foundation where Lucy is being held, Alex asks Andy to represent him.  He claims he's innocent of the murder of his friends.  Andy agrees to get him through his arraignment, but no way will Andy take on Alex's case.  He has too much not to do on his calendar!

You know it's not going to end there, and of course it doesn't.  Why was Alex targeted in the first place?  Does it have anything to do with his work at a pharmacy start up, or was he dating the wrong person?  Andy and his team will pull at all the threads they can find to get at the answers.  I have to say, I did not see the end of this one coming!

Andy's snarky humor never fails to amuse while leading the reader artfully astray.  One of my all-time favorite series!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment