Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 17, 2019

The 100-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared

The Swedish novel, The 100-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared (#823) by Jonas Jonasson has been an international bestseller.  It is amusing, but for my part, I did find it overly long.

The opening of the book was promising with centenarian Allan Karlsson making his escape from the Old Folks Home just hours before they were to celebrate his 100th birthday, the last thing he wanted, but who listens to senior citizens?  He accidentally gets caught up with stolen drug money, and that plot line was a good story.  Where the book lost me, though, was how Allan Karlsson supposedly met up with many of the most prominent world movers and shakers of the twentieth century as he ping-ponged around the globe.  Chapters dealing with his past adventures were interspersed with his modern day escape.  By the end of the book, I had come to find it all a bit tedious.

Not a horrible read, but I've certainly read many much more entertaining books.  Just my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment