Total Pageviews

Monday, March 12, 2018

Need To Know

Karen Cleveland's Need To Know (#728) is a CIA espionage thriller with a twist; at its heart is the domestic drama that plays out when a career CIA analyst in the Russia division discovers that her husband and the father of their four young children is a Russian sleeper agent.  That discovery sets the rest of the action in the book in motion.


Does Vivian Miller make the right choices?  It's difficult to say, but easy to see what drives her.  The twists and turns kept me glued to the pages to see what was going to happen next.  Would Vivian be able to protect herself and her family, and at what cost? Or would she take the easy way out and yield to the dark side?


I will say that although I enjoyed Need To Know very much, when I suggested it to my husband, he read the cover blurb and decided it was not for him.  Maybe the emphasis on juggling family responsibilities along with a full time career won't appeal to most men, but that would be a shame.  This spy novel puts a spotlight on agonizing choices that don't fit well with a James Bond image.  I'm recommending it anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment