Total Pageviews

Monday, February 12, 2018

UFOs, Chemtrails, and Aliens; What Science Says

After you read Michael Shermer's Foreword to Donald R. Prothero and Timothy D. Callahan's book UFOs, Chemtrails, and Aliens; What Science Says (#722), it really isn't necessary to read any further, so I didn't.


His point here is that nothing has been proved in terms of alien encounters in any way, shape or form, despite claims to the contrary.  That's fine.  The authors pair this with a book-long recapitulation of P.T. Barnum's immortal words, "There's a sucker born every minute."  I believe much of the book consists of examples of how people have been taken in by false claims and outright scams because they want to believe in aliens and UFOs.  I got the message.


As for, I'll suspend my judgment.  The authors haven't proved they don't exist either.  Remember those in the scientific community who scoffed at the existence of the Higgs Boson particle not so long ago!  I suppose only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment