Total Pageviews

Monday, October 9, 2017

Hail to the Chins

Bruce Campbell, along with Craig Sanborn, has added to his B Movie memoirs with this second volume, Hail to the Chins (#691).  Since I first became aware of him as the character Sam Axe in the TV series Burn Notice, I was interested to read what he has to say about the various roles he's played.  It was, for the most part, an entertaining read, but I think you have to be somewhat of a Bruce Campbell fan to appreciate it.

Since he lives by choice in the Oregon woods, I was especially intrigued by his opinions of living in Miami while filming Burn Notice.  Definitely not a fan of our hot, humid climate!  I must say, I do enby the time he spent in New Zealand while making Hercules and Xena, Prinicess Warrior.  Since we also enjoyed those shows, we might sample one of his more recent projects on Starz, Ash v. the Evil Dead.,  but from his description in the book, we'll have to do it on an empty stomach!

My take on Hail to the Chins?  Amusing, but not for everybody. 

No comments:

Post a Comment