Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Death on Nantucket

I am an avid reader of Francine Mathews' Being a Jane Austen Mysteries series, so when I saw Death on Nantucket (#684) by her, I snapped it up.  I was not disappointed.  This is a Merry Folger Mystery, all of which are set on Nantucket.  I loved the atmosphere she caught in the book.  Merry Folger is a police detective, one of the hardy people who live on the island year-round.  When the summer visitors are there, it's a totally different place, with its own unique sets of problems.


This time, as Merry is busy preparing for her impending wedding, and the usual Fourth of July crush, first a disappearance and then a death are reported at the venerable old home belonging to a famous journalist.  Spencer Murphy's long-estranged daughter has returned to the island, but has gone missing.  Since Spencer is experiencing memory problems and his housekeeper is only part-time, it's some time before anyone realizes she's gone, but her belongings are not.  With the rest of the family assembling for the holiday, all with their own secrets to hide tensions mount in the house.  It isn't long before Merry is investigating a murder there as well.


I enjoyed this mystery as much as Ms. Matthews' Jane Austen series.  I can see I've found another great series to catch up on!

No comments:

Post a Comment