Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 31, 2015

Dreadfully Ever After

How aptly named is this zombie/Jane Austen novel Dreadfully Ever After (#466) , a sequel to the popular book, Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.   I did find that opus amusing, although I was puzzled by the characters' constant polite vomiting into their mouths.  Is this a generational norm I've missed out on?  I fervently hope so!  Dreadfully Ever After certainly does live up to its name.  I believe I made it all the way to the third page before I was stopped in my tracks by Charles Bingley's discussion with his two little daughters in which the girls refer to their mother as "mumsy".  It was so, so wrong, I did not see any point in continuing.  If you are going to satirize something successfully, it does help to have at least a passing knowledge of the subject of that attempt.  If you don't, it's not clever, nor is it funny. Sorry, Steve Hockensmith, we are NOT amused

No comments:

Post a Comment