Total Pageviews

Friday, August 29, 2014

Dog On It

Dog On It (#421) is the book in which Chet and Bernie, that indomitable Private Eye team, make their debut.  Though I have gleaned much of their back story from reading later books in this delightful mystery series, it was very satisfying to begin back at the beginning.  (See also my posts on The Sound and the Furry and A Fistful of Collars.)

Chet the dog is the narrator, and he plays the major role in this story of a missing teenager which turns out to be much, much more involved than a simple runaway.  It's full of action, so much so that at times I felt as though I was reading a canine version of The Perils of Pauline.  Okay, I'm definitely dating myself with that reference. (If you don't know about this classic screen series, Google it.)  Bernie brings his own unique skills to this partnership, and it's good to find that things might be finally taking a turn for the better in his personal life; that is, if he can survive long enough to enjoy it! 

I just can't seem to get enough of this dynamic duo.  Now if only I can finally get my husband to pick up this book, I'll have someone to chuckle over their adventures with.   Highly recommended!

No comments:

Post a Comment