Total Pageviews

Friday, April 26, 2013

Suspect

Robert Crais's latest book, Suspect (#285) is on my library's "Most Wanted" list, and after reading it, I can understand why.  I was irritated when my husband tried to talk to me while I was submerged in this book.  I just had to keep reading to find out what happened next.

LAPD Officer Scott James was gunned down, and his partner killed when they witnessed a violent car-jacking murder on a quiet Los Angeles street.  Scott survived, but no one has been able to break or solve the case.  Despite attempts to make Scott take a Medical retirement from the force, he is determined to stay a cop until he can crack the case himself.  He is unexpectedly paired up with a new partner with an equally traumatic past: her gunshot wounds and lost partner echo his own.  What makes this pairing special and unique is that Maggie, his new partner, is a retired Marine Military Working Dog and veteran of two tours in Iraq who was wounded in Afghanistan trying to protect her handler.  Can these two wounded warriors ever overcome their suspect past and make an effective police team?

You bet they can!  Just how they do it makes for a compelling and frequently touching read.  I've never read any of Mr. Crais's work before, but I know I'll be checking out his backlog of work in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment