Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 7, 2013

How to Tell if Your Cat Is Plotting to Kill You

How to Tell if Your Cat Is Plotting to Kill You (#263) by The Oatmeal (aka Matthew Inman) is a first for me: a graphic novel.  I put a hold on it at my library simply because of the title.  If you've ever owned a cat yourself, you'll understand.

Although many of the situations in these pages ring true and provoke a smile, I personally found it rather crude.  The illustrations are so rudimentary I felt even I, the non-artistic type, could have done just as well, if not better.   Frat boys and adolescents will undoubtedly find this book hilarious.  It didn't take me very long to read it, and I'm glad I don't have to find room for it in one of my piles of books at home.

My advice?  If you happen to see it at a bookstore, flip through it.  If you're male, you might add it to your basket.  If not, you'll have seen enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment