Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 13, 2012

The Snow White Christmas Cookie

The Snow White Christmas Cookie (#243) is David Handler's holiday entry in his Berger and Mitry Mystery series.

Normally, I'm a sucker for Christmas books: I just gorge on a diet of holiday fare both before and after Christmas (after all, there are 12 days to enjoy it all!).  This one had such a promising title!
However, as I read the Prologue, I began to get an inkling that this was a very distasteful holiday treat.  By the time I reached page 14, I knew this one was not for me - anyone who can refer to one of his characters by the name Pizza Man because of the acne on his back that has turned off all his former lovers - well, you get the picture. 

This may only appeal to tried and true Berger and Mitry fans (I did give them a chance for a few pages in Chapter 1, but they had all the charisma of Pizza Man for me!).  I knew I won't be in any danger of becoming one.  Ugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment