Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 16, 2011

One of Our Thursdays Is Missing

Indeed.  In Jasper Fforde's lastest, One of Our Thursdays Is Missing (#62) the real Thursday appears to be missing.  It becomes fictional Thursday's mission to find out if the Real World Thursday is actually missing and if so, why she's left everyone behind in a critical moment in the BookWorld.  Not very flattering to find out you've been assigned to solve the disappearance of the highly skilled and respected Real Thursday because you're the most incompetent junior level agent the higher ups could find...

I confess that as much as I've enjoyed the previous books in this series, I did have some difficulty getting into this book.  I don't know if it was because I was distracted while traveling, but I didn't have any problem putting this book down half way through to read a book for the Literary Circle.  I don't normally like to do that.  After I picked it up again, it seemed to move along nicely with the literary asides and wit I look forward to in Mr. Fforde's books.  As I said, maybe it was just me.

Or maybe it was the cover art.  I couldn't make a connection between the 50s stock image and the contents of the book.  Annoying.

No comments:

Post a Comment