Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Call Me Mrs. Miracle

The latest installment in Debbie Macomber's series of Christmas books is Call Me Mrs. Miracle (#8).  Sending a copy to my aunt with an "Open Me Early" tag has become a Christmas tradition in my family.  I find Ms. Macomber's books warm and life-affirming, not a bad combination for this time of year.  Mrs. Miracle (not her real name!) seems to know an awful lot about the lives of the principal characters: Holly, a single woman who has custody of 8 year old nephew while her widower brother's National Guard unit is deployed to Afghanistan, and Jake, the son and heir of New York City's last big family-held department store.  Yes, you can easily guess how the book will end, but the journey to get there with a few extra twists thrown in made me both laugh and shed a few sentimental tears .  Plus, there are recipes!  How can you beat that for a few hours' entertainment?

Sorry, but I have to go order my aunt's copy on Amazon...

No comments:

Post a Comment